No, it seems that it is because the x_lapw script no longer writes the file definition line to lapw2.def unless you use the -almd [ http://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg08588.html ] or -alm switch.

So you either have to use those switches shown on page 58 of the WIEN2k 14.2 usersguide [ http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/usersguide.pdf ], modify lapw2.def by hand and use lapw2 lapw2.def, or modify x_lapw (e.g., remove "if ($?alm)" from the beginning of line 817).

Note, it looks like case.almblm likely has two different formats: One for "x lapw2 -alm" and the other for "x lapw2 -almd".

It looks like "x lapw2 -almd" is used for wien2triqs, see:

https://triqs.ipht.cnrs.fr/1.1/applications/dft_tools/Ce-HI.html

It looks like "x lapw2 -alm" is used for wannier-proj, you can see "wannier-proj_manual.pdf " at:

https://github.com/jeandiehl/wannier-proj/tree/master/doc