How do you distinguish a diamagnetic, a paramagnetic, a ferromagnetic, and an
antiferromagnetic state.

Think !

This will answer your question, hopefully.

Von: Wien [wien-boun...@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at] im Auftrag von Abderrahmane
Reggad [jazai...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 26. November 2016 22:30
An: wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Betreff: Re: [Wien] Discrepancy in the simulation of the paramagnetic state

Thank you Prof Blaha for your quick answer.

The Ni atom is 3d transition metal . But my question is about the simulation of
the paramagnetic state. There are many people that considere that the
paramagnetic state is the non-spin polarierd one and the magnetic moment is
zero, but you say no and the magnetic moments exist in arbitrary directions and
my quoting is about that.

I have given 2 examples for that discrepancy with your statement.

Mr: A.Reggad
Laboratoire de GĂ©nie Physique
Université Ibn Khaldoun - Tiaret
Algerie