Dear Prof. Peter Blaha,Thank you for your reply and the valuable comment. I
intend to use the Berry phase approach for a polar metal. But unfortunately, if
the bands cross the Fermi level, the current Berry phase approach fails. Thus,
If I can separate the bands into non-crossing (or better to say non-tuching
bands) and crossing bands, then I try to overcome the problem. In this case, I
can find the Berry phase for the non-crossing bands by the current approach as
implemented in the WIEN2k code. For the bands that cross the Fermi surface I
would use another strategy like something that is described in the following
paper: http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms11211).But, I am not sure whether
separating the bands are physically correct or not, since I am changing the
band structure by hand which may be not permitted.Regards,Shahrebano Rahimi.