In general I am as afraid as Gerhard Fecher that this question is at least very difficult to answer. By definition one needs to calculate the low field response of the electrons, and there is a whole bunch of contributions, from the single electron orbital and spin-Pauli contributions Peter mentions to quasiparticle contributions that are in my understanding simply not present in the ground state calculated by DFT. And there are questions of ground states with spin corelations, temperature and field dependencies leading to changes from overall paramagnetic to diamagnetic response ...

Reading Peters response I wonder about even a single electron contribution and the NMR package in the case of metals: Does this package calculate only the (paramagnetic) Pauli spin susceptibility? Or is their Landau diamagnetism also included? For free electrons it amounts to 1/3 of the Pauli spin susceptibility (see your favorite textbook on the theory magnetism), so it is by no means safe to simply assume its small.

Greetings,

Martin Pieper