I would first check if the structure was realy completely solved in previous
work.
I found that e.g. in the Pearson's crystal data base the structural parameters
(atomic positions) for the prototype are reported for many compounds.
If one uses these parameters (and they do not accidentially fit the real ones)
then the electronic structure will be most probably not correct,
this concerns also all other parameters (e.g. magnetic moments, optical
spectra, etc.)
Indeed you do not need to optimize positions if they are fixed by symmetry.

Therefore my advice is, if the structure was not determined by yourself (or in
your group) you should optimize it first before thinking about the calculated
properties.
In some cases you may find afterwards that the structure initially thought
about might be wrong.

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher