In my opinion, you can't say that. Some authors would do this but I don't think this is a good scientific practice. You can present results of all four calculations of course, but then it is just to say that regarding the size of the gap ("positive or negative") the results are inconclusive. It may be helpful to compare the four band structures and see how similar they are. But simply, when it comes to the precise position of individual bands (are they shifted couple of 0.1 eVs up or down) you don't have the necessary accuracy. Also note that the value of U in one of your calculatations will probably have a strong influence - do you have any idea about reasonable range of this parameter?

KV

--- x ---
dr. Karel Vyborny
Fyzikalni ustav AV CR, v.v.i.