Dear Prof. Tran,
Hi,

Thank you for your answer, I mean withing GGA, mBJ-GGA, and GGA+U, I found the
energy gap around 1 eV.
In principle the experimental gap is about 2 eV.
Where is the problem?
Thank you for your help.
Yours sincerely,
Halim Said
I a

    Le Vendredi 18 août 2017 23h29, "t...@theochem.tuwien.ac.at"
<t...@theochem.tuwien.ac.at> a écrit :

 Hi,

What do you mean by 1 eV? Does it mean that all
gaps are at exactly 1.0 eV or in a range like 0.5-1.5 eV?

You can compare your results with those in these two articles:
https://publik.tuwien.ac.at/files/PubDat_197400.pdf
https://publik.tuwien.ac.at/files/PubDat_197196.pdf

Cu2O is a special case for which mBJ and GGA+U are not really
better than GGA.

FT