Hi,

Yes, your graphs make sense to me. On the scale of a tenth of a mRy convergence can become very difficult, in particular for heavy elements.

I'd believe the RKM=12 results, but beware my final note.
I'm not sure where the oszillation in Etot comes from.

Important for this kind of precision: RKMAX is not the only parameter.
You mentioned BIG spheres: Did you make sure that
i) lvns has been increased and results are converged
ii) there's no problem with linearization energies (maybe add a HDLO,..)
iii) eventually you even need to increase the LM list in case.in2, in particular when :FIT (in the scf file) is not good.

PPS: Since you have 5d elements, there are 4f semi-core states. For these spheres I'd put them into the core, as they are so confined an never leak out. You have to use charge-cutoff instead of E-cutoff in lstart.

Regards
Peter Blaha