implemented in the program lstart (called by init_lapw) to calculate
the isolated atoms.

FT

On Tuesday 2017-10-03 10:54, Ding Peng wrote:

Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 10:54:48
From: Ding Peng <ding.p...@monash.edu>
Subject: [Wien] X-ray structure factors of independent atom model (IAM) for
   pure copper by Wien2k

Dear Wien2k Users and experts,
I am runnning wien2k version 16.0 on my Linux PC with operating system ubuntu
16.04LTS, Intel fortran compiler and Intel MKL library. The purpose of my
calculations is to get X-ray structure factors Fg from case.clmsum by lapw3.

In order to calculate the X-ray structure factors of pure Cu (FCC structure)
for independent atom model(IAM) by Wien2k, I just use the starting point
(without any SCF iterative calculations) for the DFT calculation (before the
first SCF iteration cycle), which is
build up from superposition of isolated Cu atoms' electron densities. In details, I ran
the command "init_lapw -b -ecut -9 -numk 10000" to get Hartree-Fock
calculations and generate the file case.clmsum. Then I used the file case.clmsum to
calculate the X-ray
structure factors Fg by lapw3 (I use the normalization option "TOT"). However,
these X-ray structure factors for IAM are quite different from the ones calculated by
conventional Hartree-Fock method (Doyle & Turner, 1968). I am not sure if this treatment
(super-positioning electron densities of each atoms calculated by Hartree-Fock
method within the lattice) is right to calculate the X-ray structure factors
for independent atom model.

The comparison between X-ray structure factors of Cu for IAM calculated by
Wien2k Hartree-Fock method and X-ray structure factors of Cu for IAM calculated
by conventional Hartree-Fock method published by Doyle and Turner in 1968 are
shown in Appendix.

(PS: Dear Professor Peter Blaha, sorry for creating a new topic as I think it
is essential to get a new title to highlight my question.)

Many thanks,

Ding

Appendix:

           SIN O/L (A-1)