Thanks Dr. Fecher.

Sorry, this might be due to my mistake in the post:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg16609.html

where the lapw1 -dn should be added:

x kgen -so
x lapw1 -up
x lapw1 -dn
x lapwso -up

A silly mistake where I forget that both the lapw1 -up and lapw1 -dn are both needed so that lapwso can mix both the up and dn.  Hard to do that when there is only the up output from lapw1 as input to lapwso.

Yeah, I probably should have checked a :log file for runsp -so [ http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2008-June/011017.html ] that shows the

(x) lapw1 -up
(x) lapw1 -dn
(x) lapwso -up

or checked the case.dayfile like what was mentioned before for a proper sequence:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg10757.html