> 29.10.2017, 1:20 +04:00 from Gavin Abo <gs...@crimson.ua.edu>:
> The problem I see with this is that WIEN2k only allows the up and dn to
> be defined in the +z direction and -z direction (or along c axis),
> respectively.

A small comment to the exhaustive answer of Gavin: as far as I understand,
there are no dependence on direction in the equations of a usual sp
calculation. So, the solution is the same for any direction of magnetic field,
We say z only for convinience. Only when we switch on the spin-orbit
interaction we obtain a dependence on the direction (relationship with crystal
field), though imagnetisation is still collinear. WIENncm gives us a
possibility to calculate noncollinear magnetism.

Best wishes
Lyudmila Dobysheva