Dear Pr. Blaha,

Thank you for your quick answer. You are totally right with the case.in2 file …

For the wavefunction, that’s how I do :

For the interstitial, I integrate the product of PW over the whole space and
subtract the part from the spheres using a Rayleigh-expansion of a PW in terms
of spherical harmonics.

In the spheres, I compute terms like Alm* Blm \int u_l(r) dot(u)_l(r) r*r dr
for the spheres. These coefficients are found in case.almblm and are actually
Alm(k) = SUM_G C_G Alm(k+G) (this I got from a previous mailing thread). I have
also terms like Alm* Clm \int u_l(r) u_lo__l(r) r*r dr to take into account the
APW+lo and LO ! I guess that the Clm’s in case.almclm are also the ones
multiplied by their coefficient C_G(LO) (which are not really part of the PW
expansion), just like for Alm and Blm. I sum those terms over the different
indexes l,m and over the spheres.

Actually, I follow more less what is presented in the paper of C.
Ambrosch-Draxl and J. O. Sofo (Computer Physics Communications 175 (2006)
1–14). They computed <Psi_mk| p |Psi_nk> so I of course adapted the formalism
to my need.

Since you said that wavefunctions where all normalized, even above E_F, I must
have missed something somewhere … If you see any mistake in what I have written
there or have any references, works or source code I should look at, I would be
pleased to hear that ! My aim is to extract exactly the wavefunctions. I will
then manipulate them.

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Leandro Salemi

P.S. : I might have answered in a not-proper way since I had not received the
mail (I did not pay attention that my account was disabled for the reception of
the mail ...). Sorry for the inconvenience (now it is enabled).

Peter
Blaha<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at&q=from:%22Peter+Blaha%22>
 Mon, 04 Dec 2017 06:13:01
-0800<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at&q=date:20171204>

Of course all the wave functions are normalized. It comes automatically after
solving the generalized eigenvalue problem in lapw1. Without properly
normalized wave functions, how should we calculate an electron density which
yields the desired number of electrons ??

Why did you modify the code ?
It would be much simpler to set NE in case.in2 to a larger number ....

I don't know how you actually calculated the norm of a wave function, but due
to the dual representation, it is not so straightforward.