Hello,
Merry Christmas to all,
I am still looking forward to any helpful advice.
Any help will be appreciated.
Chin S.
   On Friday 22 December 2017, 5:04:10 PM IST, chin Sabsu <chinsa...@yahoo.in>
wrote:

  Dear Sir Xavier and Gerhard,
Thank you very much for making my understanding a little bit clear.
This query is in continuation of my past queries.
I shall mention here that, I am reproducing a paper and I took optimised
lattice parameters from the literature paper and the initialisation and scf
were performed on exactly same parameters what the author reported.
[http://pubs.rsc.org/-/content/articlehtml/2016/cp/c6cp04065a]

I have calculated ground state energy of ABO3, AO, and BO2 for a variety of
compounds (high-temperature cubic perovskite). The purpose is to study the
thermodynamic stability of the bulk system (ABO3) and creation of defect in the
system  (A, B, and O; charged and neutral vacancy).

The energy calculated from Eq 2 is in agreement with the reported one in the
literature but none of the authors provided the energy calculated by Eq. 1 and
I could not compare it.
So my query is related to stability issue.
As Gerhard sir said, binary reactants may be more stable and thus I am getting
the total energy positive from Eq. 1 and this is endothermic. Yes, this may be
a case and I am getting a positive energy.
Can we study such a system (high-temperature cubic phase with endothermic
nature)  from DFT/Wien2k (at T=0K) to study the defect creation and
thermodynamic stability?

 Thank you again sir,

Chin

    On Friday 22 December 2017, 3:43:59 PM IST, Fecher, Gerhard