Hi,

First, the standard value is 0.25 and not 0.025.

For the dielectric constant, there was alreday some explanations here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg14936.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg14875.html

alpha_opt at V=V_exp means that the dielectric function (and alpha_opt)
is calculated only at V_exp and then used for all other volumes.
See also this:
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg15531.html

No, it is not mandatory to do PBE calculation before YS-PBE0. Starting
YS-PBE0 from PBE electron density (case.clmsum) may just help to reduce
the number of SCF iterations with YS-PBE0.

Of course it is possible to optimize lattice parameters with YS-PBE0.
You just need to add the "-hf" option in the optimize.job file.
What is not possible with YS-PBE0 is to optimize the position of
atoms in the unit cell (because the forces are not implemented for
YS-PBE0).

FT