Your sequence to calculate the DOS is completely wrong.

See comments below.

And your comments about the magnetic atoms are not consistent with the results of the :MMI.

It appears that atom 2 is magnetic, not atom 1 ??

Did you apply U for atoms 2 ???

Please try the NiO example from the workshop exercises to understand how to run GGA+U calculations.