Sorry for the confusion. The quoted values in the pdf are probably from a lousy calculation and are ment only to demonstrate the effect (if I remember correctly, only a 4x bigger P supercell, but for sure not converged, I also don't remember which functional, ....) and only accidentally match experiment.

My general experience is that core-eigenvalues (taken with respect to EF !!) are 10-15% off, while slater TS gives 1-2 %, i.e. an order of magnitude better.