Thank you for the Link, but I don't understand your remarks
Wikipedia tells:
- Schematic
C) a semimetal (like tin (Sn) or graphite and the alkaline earth metals).
and further
- Classic semimetals
The classic semimetallic elements are arsenic, antimony, bismuth, α-tin (gray
tin) and graphite, an allotrope of carbon.

on the page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphite one finds
Graphite has a layered, planar structure. The individual layers are called
graphene. ...
Atoms in the plane are bonded covalently, with only three of the four potential
bonding sites satisfied. The fourth electron is free to migrate in the plane,
making graphite electrically conductive.
However, it does not conduct in a direction at right angles to the plane.

Maybe check the band structures of Graphite and Bi to find out what is common
and what is different.

You did not understand the remark on the integration of the density of states,
please read it correctly.
The initial question was on the Fermi energy beeing slightly below the top of
the valence band
and this might be caused by a bad integration which depends on the number of
k-points (indeed among others)
and is used to find the Fermi energy.

PS.: Please check the definition of the density of states and you see why flat
(say better narrow) bands result in a high density of states and steep ones in
a low density of states.
(that a band is horizontal at a certain point of the Brillouin zone does not
mean that the complete band is flat, this situation you have always at the
bottom of a parabola) .

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher