To my knowledge, the closest you can come is the LDA 1/2 method, and/or LDA
(or GGA) +U. These are related to what is called the "Slater-Janak
transition state approach", although not many people use it. My group found
it useful for VXPS spectra of some lanthanides, see DOI:
10.1103/PhysRevMaterials.2.025001.

However, I am not sure that this is appropriate for EELS, unless you are
using low energy electrons (e.g. 1-100 eV). For standard core-loss EELS the
changes when using a Slater approach are so large that they will probably
swamp these effects. Also important for conventional EELS are standard
channelling issues -- to my knowledge no code currently can correctly
include both the dynamical diffraction terms and the solid-state transition
terms with full rigor.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University