From: Wien <wien-boun...@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at> on behalf of Ding Peng
<ding.p...@monash.edu>
Sent: Saturday, May 2, 2020 11:15 AM
To: A Mailing list for WIEN2k users
Subject: Re: [Wien] Questions about the difference charge density in the Ti core

Dear Prof Peter Blaha,

Many thanks for your feedback. I'm very grateful to this.

I'm sorry for my bad description of the "core" region. The "core" region that
mentioned in my last email is the "round region" at the centre of Ti atomic
site , which is most likely to be contributed by the core states (1s, 2s, 2p,
etc.) and the semicore states (3s, 3p) of Ti. If the difference charge density
is defined as the charge density of the solid minus the superposed charge
densities, the centre region would be about zero since the core states haven't
participate in the bonding (please correct me if I'm wrong). But what I can see
from the graph is very deep purple-coloured region at the centre of the Ti
site, which suggests a dense accumulation of electrons at the Ti site. So could
I ask why the difference charge densities in this "round region" is very
positive?

Many thanks,
Ding