I have tried to execute join_vectorfiles (source in SRC_trig) to concatenate case.vector files from a parallel run, using the syntax as given in the 'join_vectorfiles.f' fortran program:

'(x) join_vectorfiles [-up/-dn]   case   number_of_files'

This did not work, as the program tried to open 'case' file without any extension.

Instead, I find that the command without arguments:

'x join_vectorfiles [-up] [-so]'

from the case directory works well. In particular, using both the options '-up' and '-so' correctly concatenates the case.vectorsoup_# obtained from a SOC parallel computation.

Probably, one should modify the syntax in the 'usage' line of the fortran program file, which seems to be no longer valid.