From: Wien <wien-boun...@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at> on behalf of fatima DFT
<fatimad...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2020 4:55 AM
To: A Mailing list for WIEN2k users
Subject: Re: [Wien] does dftd3 not work with mBJ

Thank you Sir for a detailed explanation.

First goal is to optimize the geometry and then band gap.

I got your point.

Thank you very much
Fatima

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020, 00:56 Tran, Fabien
<fabien.t...@tuwien.ac.at<mailto:fabien.t...@tuwien.ac.at>> wrote:
Hello,

When mBJ is specified with XC_MBJ in case.in0, ?the total energy is calculated
with LDA (grep for :POT in case.scf).  There exist no dftd3 parameters for LDA.
You have to specify another functional (e.g., PBE) for the energy in case.in0:
EX_PBE EC_PBE VX_MBJ VC_LDA

Besides, I see no interest in combining dftd3 and mBJ. mBJ is for the band gap,
while dftd3 is for the geometry and cohesive energy.
What is your goal?