Currently [1] the routine MemCheck is only used when the -qtl flag is
present, to check if enough memory is present to store some temporary
files; it is called by l2main.F which would also need integer(8).
Writeinit.F is in SRC_Globals and linked from other directories, so you
don't need more changes.

[1] It had another use to test for memory leaks in an older impi, which is
now repaired.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Northwestern University