Regarding 1, you may want to look at past posts with good advice related to that:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg17074.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg02246.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg14814.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg19181.html

Regarding 2, you might find helpful past posts related to that too. For example:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg02052.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg18107.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg17847.html