Date:&nbsp;Fri, Mar 22, 2024 08:06 PM
To:&nbsp;"wien"<wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at&gt;;

Subject:&nbsp;Re: [Wien] Inconsistency in kgen

&gt; However, when I look at the klist file with my understanding, I still
&gt; find myself confused. You mentioned that "this vector points 'outside'
&gt; the conventional 'cube,'" and I fully understand this statement. I
&gt; understand that Cartesian coordinates may extend beyond the 0..1 range.
&gt; However, what I am referring to are internal coordinates. In my
&gt; understanding, the point "64 6 6 6 4 1.0" lies outside the 0..1 range of
&gt; internal coordinates, which means it is outside the reciprocal unit
&gt; cell. Therefore, in my understanding, this point needs to be mapped into
&gt; the reciprocal unit cell.

The klist file gives the k-point in cartesian fractional coordinates in
the reciprocal lattice, not in internal coordinates .

&gt;
&gt; However, after it is mapped into the reciprocal unit cell, I believe it
&gt; is equivalent to the point "22 2 2 2 4 1.0."

No !&nbsp; In cartesian coordinates the BZ does NOT go from 0 to 1 !!!

As I wrote before, the transformation is done via multiplication of the
vector with one of the bravais matrices listed in outputkgen.

&nbsp; Yet, for an FBZ klist, I
&gt; believe there shouldn't be two equivalent k points, and indeed, in
&gt; output1, the eigenvalues of these two points are different.
&gt;
&gt; So, I have been requesting if you could provide the internal coordinates
&gt; for these two points, as well as the transformation formula. I believe
&gt; only by doing so can my confusion be resolved.
&gt;
&gt; Thank you again for your assistance.
&gt;
&gt; Best regards
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; ------------------ Original ------------------
&gt; Date: Fri, Mar 22, 2024 04:36 PM
&gt; To: "wien"<wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at&gt;;
&gt; Subject: Re: [Wien] Inconsistency in kgen
&gt;
&gt; In outputkgen the direct and reciprocal bravais matrices are printed.
&gt; They can be used to multiply the corresponding vectors (coordinates) and
&gt; transfer them.
&gt; For instance for B (body-centered) lattices the Bravaismatrix is:
&gt; (-1 1 1
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; 1 -1 1
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; 1 1 -1 )&nbsp;&nbsp; times the lattice constants a,b,c.
&gt;
&gt; So the first primitive lattice vector (0,0,1) looks in kartesian
&gt; coordinates as (-1,1,1) (always times a,b,c). Thus you can immediately
&gt; "see", that this vector points "outside" the conventional "cube".
&gt;
&gt; In essence, this is the reason why some coordinates in carthesian
&gt; coordinates are outside the "cube" (outside (0 ... 1))
&gt;
&gt; I guess, this is enough "geometry" and introduction ....
&gt;