Nemo, that is so cool you said that, because it proves as I have long suspected
that I have developed some sort of blind eye to such things. I recognized your
snippy response as only being a knee-jerk reaction to a perceived anti-Italian
remark, not to an anti-male remark!

Anyway as I said in my first mail in this thread I am also reacting to a
self-interpreted attack for being perceived for the shameful
underrepresentation on women's topics (I think way less than 10% of what I have
contributed onwiki is female-oriented). For the record, I am a huge Glam fan
and  i think Caravaggio rocks, so don't shoot me for these observations, which
are I think fascinating. I will continue to compile these lists on museum
collections, because exploring the data of the institutions Wikipedia bases its
own content on is important to our understanding of the perceived biases.

I am somewhat confused about your comment on warfare and trenches. I simply
advocate one-on-one coaching of women in the tips and tricks that male
contributors discover easily on their own.

Like you I am also interested in learning more about such social dynamics and
feel a yearly editor survey would be a good place to start.
Jane

Sent from my iPad