I'm pretty sure that responding to well-intended and politely phrased
criticism with sarcasm is probably also not something that will help us in
avoiding losing contributors :p

I agree that this is not an immediately understandable thing about
contributions, although I think it should be more understandable by
reaearchers than It might be by the man on the Clapham omnibus (an analogy
would be 'not publishing the same paper in multiple journals') but my
concern is that information exists on an axis.

At one end we have the point at which the mass of information presented
scares people off before they even hit save. At the other is the point at
which the lack of information leads to somebody stumbling into a spiked
pit. Our goal is to find a point in the middle, and I'm pretty cautious
about attempts to add more documentation given that that's the direction
we've historically trended in.

--
Sent from a portable device of Lovecraftian complexity.