Hey all,

This isn't directly WP-related, except in the sense that it relates to
a toolset I think a lot of researchers in HCI tend to use (heck, a lot
of researchers, full stop)

As any of you who've had the misfortune to spend more than 5 minutes
talking to me in the last few years will know, I'm kind of fanatical
about the R programming language. It's commonly used within
statistical analysis and even Python users wander over to R land for
graphing ;).

While the Python Software Foundation has an anti-harassment policy for
conferences they run or sponsor, the R Foundation does not - and so
we've started an open letter asking for one to be instituted. The
letter lives at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C1oPhup72lPHJXbpyJZNIo1BdCzfxZ_VoiWJWzmufjU/edit

If you're an R programmer or someone with an interest in that field,
and you're interested in signing, simply:

1. Put your name in as a suggested edit, in the format existing
signers are using;
2. Email me so I can confirm that the person signing as Foo Bar is
genuinely Foo Bar;
3. Done!

Many thanks,

--