Hi everybody,

the Analytics Hadoop upgrade to Java 8 has been postponed due to unexpected
hw failures (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T187164 and
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T187162) happened this morning and
causing some HDFS blocks to be under replicated/corrupted. To be on the
safe side, we'll wait for the cluster's metrics to fully recover before
doing anything. I will update this email thread as soon as we'll be ready,
but it this might happen in EU late evening / SF morning.

Sorry for the delay! The Analytics Hadoop cluster staged a rebellion for
Java 8, but we'll eventually succeed :)

Luca