Thomas,

I also wanted to briefly indicate how non-trivial that some of these technical
topics are; for example algorithmically determining which interpretation
hypotheses are correct for sentences or whether one or more constituent
elements of sentences are best interpreted in ways not yet specified in a
growing, dynamic lexicon.

The matter relates to language learning. There is the matter of encountering
new lexemes, lexemes with zero senses thus far in the lexicon, and then there
is the matter of encountering new senses of lexemes previously encountered.

My earlier comment was that software systems could signal machine-utilizable
crowdsourced lexicon services, in the case of certain events, so that users
could utilize data to prioritize collaborative work. I also theorize, as others
do, that a viable concept of sequencing work with respect to building natural
language understanding systems and lexicons is entering data in the order of
reading level, from infancy to adult reading level.

Building machine-utilizable crowdsourced lexicon software with rich, structured
metadata and with extensible storage slots for definitions in multiple
knowledge representation formats is a difficult task; one that makes possible
other difficult tasks utilizing such lexicons.

Thank you for the enjoyable brainstorming session and for indicating the state
of the art with regard to projects underway. I am interested in any of your
thoughts, opinions and ideas with respect to the future of machine-utilizable
crowdsourced lexicons.

Best regards,

Adam