Hi all,

We just added a new formal collaboration with Ramtin Yazdanian from
EPFL to develop, design and test models that can help us learn about
New Editor Interests. While the applications of these models are
numerous, we expect to use them at least in the line of research in
addressing Wikipedia contributor diversity gaps.

This research is aimed to address the cold start problem in Wikimedia
projects, when a user enters the system and you have almost no
information about the user and yet you want to engage with the user in
the areas they're interested in. Please see project details at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Voice_and_exit_in_a_voluntary_work_environment/Elicit_new_editor_interests

Best,
Leila

--