Hi Leila,

First of all thank you for the quick response, and pointers to great
resources on prior work. I don't think I've read all those papers, so it's
a great to catch up with the prior art. I'm sorry my last message didn't
explain the full context of my inquiry. I'm collecting data for a project
which is directed by Julia Kamin, Nathan Matias and myself (civilservant.io)
and Aaron Halfaker (WMF). We are currently finalizing an MOU with
Foundation, and it looks like some of the links you provided point to Emily
Harburg's work with Natha Matias as well. The idea is to actually conduct
randomized trails on the effects of gratitude in *non-english* Wikipedias —
this isn't an observational study[1]. We plan to co-design the study with
community, so the exact parameters aren't finalized yet. In addition all
the data I'm collecting at the moment is only for power analysis.

Also, chicovenacio on IRC likewise told me that the revision information
tied to each thanks is not public, so that's just too bad.

Thanks again for your help.

[1]
*Testing capacity of expressions of gratitude to enhance experience and
motivation of editors*
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Testing_capacity_of_expressions_of_gratitude_to_enhance_experience_and_motivation_of_editors

Make a great day,
Max Klein ‽ http://notconfusing.com/