Kerry,

Here are a couple recent pieces on predicting conversation outcomes, that
I'm aware of.

1. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1805.05345.pdf
2. http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/I17-1103

There's another recent one about predicting whether RFCs will be closed,
that Chris Schilling worked on with some folks from MIT. That's been
accepted to a conference, but not officially published yet--so I don't
*think* Mako would have mentioned it at Wikimania?

Hope that helps,

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 10:44 AM, Tilman Bayer <tba...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Maybe it was this research ? https://blog.wikimedia.org/201
> 8/06/13/conversations-gone-awry/
>
> Or perhaps you were recalling the talk page research summarized in this
> year's "State of Wikimedia Research"
> <https://wikimania2018.wikimedia.org/wiki/Program/
> State_of_Wikimedia_Research_2017-2018>
> Wikimania presentation? https://mako.cc/talks/201807-
> wikimania_research.pdf
>
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 2:27 AM, Kerry Raymond <kerry.raym...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Some time in the last few months (possibly at Wikimania) someone pointed
> me
> > at some research about predicting the outcome of Wikipedia consensus
> > building from the language they were using in Talk. I think it was either
> > research in progress or recently completed.
> >

> > As I recall, the main "take home" message was that discussions where
> "you"
> > started to be used tended to end up in conflict and that discussions that
> > avoided "you" were more likely to resolve amicably.
> >

> > If this rings any bells for you, can you please point me at it please.
> >

> > Thanks
> >

> > Kerry

> --
> Tilman Bayer