Instead of putting down every idea as not being able to work without the
benefit of an experiment, let's reverse the question.

Researchers, forgetting for a moment whether the community would accept it, if
you were asked by the WMF BoT to make recommendations on experiments to run on
en.WP to try to make it more attractive to women (since that's the aspect of
diversity on which we seem to have the most data and the most research), what
changes would you suggest for the experiment and why?

Let's at least get the ideas onto the table before knocking them off.

Or do we genuinely believe this is something that cannot be solved?

Kerry