(Last reply to both lists; sorry for the spam)

This sounds like it'd be a bit of work to build, and I don't think there
are curated datasets to help out. I think you would need to...

1. get the count of active editors on Meta for [PERIOD OF TIME]. Easy.
2. perform a query or parse dumps to get the *list *of active editors from
every individual Wikimedia project for the same [PERIOD OF TIME]. Hard.
3. de-duplicate that list (since many people edit multiple wikis in a given
say, month, and you don't want to overcount). Pretty easy.
4. compare the resulting all-projects count with the Meta-only count. Easy.

This sounds like a lot of work to me! Again, there might be tools or
resources for this that already exist, but I'm not aware of them.

It seems like having topline/platform-level counts for active editors could
be useful, as a dashboard or a public dataset. You might try requesting
this as a feature
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/task/edit/?title=Wikistats%20New%20Feature&projectPHIDs=Analytics-Wikistats,Analytics>
for WikiStats. The worst they can say is "no", or "not yet" :)

- J