Hi,

We’re preparing for the June 2021 research newsletter and looking for
contributors.

*Because the May issue of the Wikipedia Signpost (whom we're co-publishing
with) had to be canceled, we skipped last month. But we will resume with
this June issue, due out this Sunday. One focus will be papers presented
recently at Wikiworkshop 2021.*

Please take a look at https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/WRN202106 and add
your name next to any paper you are interested in covering. Our target
publication
time is 27 June 20:00 UTC. If you can't make this deadline but would like
to cover a particular paper in the subsequent issue, leave a note next to
the paper's entry.

As usual, short notes and one-paragraph reviews are most welcome.

*Highlights:*

   - A Brief Analysis of Bengali Wikipedia’s Journey to 100,000 Articles
   - Assessing the quality of health-related Wikipedia articles with
   generic and specific metrics
   - Bridging the Gender Gap: A research study on Indian Language Wikimedia
   Communities
   - Characterizing Opinion Dynamics and Group Decision Making in Wikipedia
   Content Discussions
   - Do I Trust this Stranger? Generalized Trust and the Governance of
   Online Communities
   - Fast Linking of Mathematical Wikidata Entities in Wikipedia Articles
   Using Annotation Recommendation
   - Inferring Sociodemographic Attributes of Wikipedia Editors:
   State-of-the-art and Implications for Editor Privacy
   - Information flow on COVID-19 over Wikipedia: A case study of 11
   languages
   - Language-agnostic Topic Classification for Wikipedia
   - Languages of Knowledge Infrastructures: Learnings from Research on
   Indian Language Wikimedia Projects
   - Negative Knowledge for Open-world Wikidata
   - References in Wikipedia: The Editors’ Perspective
   - ShExStatements: Simplifying Shape Expressions for Wikidata
   - Simple Wikidata Analysis for Tracking and Improving Biographies in
   Catalan Wikipedia
   - Structural Analysis of Wikigraph to Investigate Quality Grades of
   Wikipedia Articles
   - The Language of Liberty: A preliminary study
   - Towards Ongoing Detection of Linguistic Bias on Wikipedia
   - Towards Open-domain Vision and Language Understanding with Wikimedia
   - Tracing the Factoids: the Anatomy of Information Re-organization in
   Wikipedia Articles
   - Wikidata Logical Rules and Where to Find Them
   - Wikipedia Editor Drop-Off: A Framework to Characterize Editors'
   Inactivity
   - WikiShark: An Online Tool for Analyzing Wikipedia Traffic and Trends

*Masssly and Tilman Bayer*

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Newsletter
[2] WikiResearch (@WikiResearch) | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/WikiResearch>