Hi Ngozi,

It was nice talking with you yesterday and thanks for signing up to
Wikimedia research's public mailing list. Thank you also for your question.
:)

You can read about the purpose of this list, norms, and tags at
https://lists.wikimedia.org/postorius/lists/wiki-research-l.lists.wikimedia.org/
. I'll paste them here for easier access as well:
Purpose
The wiki-research-l mailing lists is a venue for discussing research on
Wikimedia projects, and for sharing announcements about research related
event, opportunities, and positions that may interest the audience of this
mailing list.
NormsEach of us has a share to make this space better. By subscribing to
this mailing list you agree to:

   - Be kind and respectful towards others; Assume Good Faith.
   - Be succinct. If your email is long, put a summary at the beginning of
   the email.
   - Stay on topic in conversations. If you want to go on a tangent, make a
   fork and start a fresh thread.

TagsThe following tags are in-use and we ask you to use them in the subject
line of your email as relevant. You can suggest a new tag
<wiki-research-l-ow...@lists.wikimedia.org>. (Mailman supports filtering by
tags <https://www.list.org/mailman-member/node29.html>.)

   - [job]: If you have a post related to a position or opportunity for
   application.
   - [events]: If you have an announcement about an event that can be
   relevant to Wikimedia researchers.

The list is currently low in traffic but don't let that be a barrier for
you to reach out and ask questions or share ideas.

Welcome to the Wikimedia research community. :)

See you around.

Leila