Hi all,

I'm very happy to share [1] that Kinneret Gordon has joined the Research
team at the Wikimedia Foundation as our Lead Research Community Officer. In
this capacity, Kinneret oversees many of our team's initiatives to serve
the Wikimedia research community and will be the leading voice within the
Wikimedia Foundation to advocate for the needs of this community. All
members of the Research team [2] will continue dedicating a portion of
their time to the research community (roughly 20% for the coming 12 months).

I encourage you to learn more about Kinneret at [1] and book one of her
upcoming office hours [3] if you'd like to get to know her or talk with her
for matters that are related to the Wikimedia research community.

I'm very happy to see that we have the support to continue prioritizing
serving the Wikimedia research community within the Wikimedia Foundation
and our team. I'm looking forward to working with Kinneret, the rest of the
team, and all of you to help further strengthen the Wikimedia research
community.

Best,
Leila

[1] Although some of you have already learned about part of this email
through https://research.wikimedia.org/report.html#people
[2] https://research.wikimedia.org/team.html
[3] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Research/Office_hours#Schedule

--