https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=58641

       Web browser: ---
            Bug ID: 58641
           Summary: Invalid values in "getCanonicalName"
           Product: MediaWiki extensions
           Version: master
          Hardware: All
                OS: Linux
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: Unprioritized
         Component: LdapAuthentication
          Assignee: rlan...@gmail.com
          Reporter: patrick.h...@uni-koeln.de
    Classification: Unclassified
   Mobile Platform: ---

Hi,

I'm using the current version of LdapAuthentication in Mediawiki 1.19.9 LTS.
The following problem occured when I tried to block an old user (which had been
created in Mediawiki before we used the extension): Mediawiki asked me if I
really want to block myself. I checked other blocked users and it turned out
that instead of the expired users some other, currently active users could not
log in. 

So I went on doing some debugging in the php code and I found out that the
problem has its origin in "functions/User.php", more precisely in the function
"newFromName":

$name = $wgAuth->getCanonicalName( $t->getText() );

So there the LDAP server is asked for the canonical name of the user and it
seems that it returns incorrect values in a way that confuses mediawiki
extremely. Suddenly a complete different user is used as the "target" of the
operation. 

I change the line mentioned above to:

$name = $t->getText();

...and now it works for me. I think that the plugin should check for invalid
values coming as result of "getCanonicalName" from the LDAP server and use the
unchecked version "$t->getText();" instead.

Kind regards, 
Patrick Holz

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.
_______________________________________________
Wikibugs-l mailing list
Wikibugs-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikibugs-l

Reply via email to