Web browser: ---
Bug ID: 58797
Summary: [tracking] OSM on Labs
Product: Wikimedia Labs
CC: benap...@gmail.com, dz...@wikimedia.org,
Mobile Platform: ---
(probably needs to be split up a bit)
= OSM ==
* A Postgresql-server for OSM.
* access to OSM database -> db server with 600 GB of solid state disk space
* a few terabytes of diskspace to save the rendered map tiles (more or less the
same space needed now on the toolserver -> how much is this?)
* user databases
* Render-server with enough space to host several layouts.
* We have special projects on toolserver like
[http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WIWOSM WIWOSM] that combine Wikipedia- and
OSM-data in one script. This is only possible if a script can connect to both
databases. Without such an feature we will lose this service in Wikipedia.
--[[User:Kolossos|Kolossos]] 18:02, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
* Other users created tools for translating places or to maintain street-lists.
--[[User:Kolossos|Kolossos]] 19:12, 14 February 2013 (UTC)
"OSM is being added to WMF production. We'll have a test/dev version of OSM in
Labs, but we have no plans on having a quasi-production like version of OSM in
Labs." -- Ryan Lane, 20 December 2012
"The plan is to clean up the styles and tools that are no longer
maintained/needed, to move about 10 styles and 5 tools to Labs, to move one
style to production." -- Silke (WMDE), 6 April 2013
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
You are on the CC list for the bug.
Wikibugs-l mailing list