Web browser: ---
Bug ID: 58798
Summary: Move OSM-render to Labs
Product: Wikimedia Labs
CC: benap...@gmail.com, dz...@wikimedia.org,
Mobile Platform: ---
== Render ==
Things available to Render on the Toolserver which are needed for a transition
* Database access like currently on the Toolserver
* Possibility to build and run C and C++ apps
* Possibility to build external C and C++ libraries (app dependencies) from
source and install in user directory, without packaging
* 64-Bit OS for sufficient address space
* ~28GB ''physical'' RAM (comparable to ortelius)
* CPU with at least 4 cores with at least 3 GHz, which can actually be used in
parallel (comparable to ortelius)
* We need to keep large amounts of data available in RAM. Regenerating it is
expensive so we need a server with good uptimes. A VM or server which reboots
or needs to be re-setup every month or so is not acceptable.
* Ideally, we need to use a physical machine like we currently can. It is not
yet clear whether a VM will do.
"Render is a special case that will need direct attention -- Silke will
coordinate the necessary information exchange." - Marc Pelletier, 28 March
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
You are on the CC list for the bug.
Wikibugs-l mailing list