https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=52053

Sorawee Porncharoenwase <nullzero.f...@gmail.com> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |nullzero.f...@gmail.com

--- Comment #2 from Sorawee Porncharoenwase <nullzero.f...@gmail.com> ---
I confirmed that Thai Wikipedia also has this bug. Today I write a filter to
prevent all moves from one namespace to another namespace with some exceptions.
After testing, I found that almost every move is caught by the filter because
"moved_from_namespace != moved_to_namespace" is always true, as
moved_to_namespace is unset.

To be honest, I think that this bug is severe because all filters using this
variable will not be functional. Imagine some wikis have a filter which is
similar to the filter I tried to write today long ago. After some updates,
moved_to_namespace is not functional; consequently, the filter blocks all
moves.

If it is hard to fix this problem, it would be nice to have a patch temporarily
removing the non-functional variables.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
You are on the CC list for the bug.
_______________________________________________
Wikibugs-l mailing list
Wikibugs-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikibugs-l

Reply via email to