Web browser: ---
Bug ID: 59108
Summary: Display filters and settings on category pages
Mobile Platform: ---
Category pages should enable to use and switch filters which would filter the
displayed content (and to set some other display parameters). Some ideas:
- filter by type of content (only categories, only pages, only files, only jpg
- filter by date of creation/upload: (only new pages, pages created between
2010-2011, pages created before 2000 etc.)
- filter by date of last modification (can enable to pick "live" or "dead"
- filter by count of edits/changes/reuploads (can enable to reflect importancy
and attractiveness of the content)
- filter by size/length
- display only pages from my watchlist/only unwatched pages
- filter by tags (only featured articles/images, only stubs, only articles with
NPOV warning, only images/articles with/without geocoordinates, only hidden
categories, only redirects...)
- filter by concourse of categories (display only content which is
simultaneously in Category:B) (Cat-a-lot can be improved to utilize it)
- a related feature can be to enable to display content of subcategories (of 1
level, 2 levels, all levels) directly in the current category as required in
- set (change) the number of displayed categories/pages/images (in total and on
- set (change) the sorting of the content - (not only by alphabet but
optionally by size, by date of creation/upload, by date of last modification
Of course, the conditions should be combinable and it should be possible to
save the filter combinations and possibly also to share them (the most useful
filters should be predefined and defaultly offered).
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
You are on the CC list for the bug.
Wikibugs-l mailing list