Web browser: ---
Bug ID: 60372
Summary: Redirects to oldid URI sometimes to wrong wiki
Component: Web API
CC: jforres...@wikimedia.org, ssas...@wikimedia.org
Mobile Platform: ---
Report by Marek Blahuš (Blahma on IRC) about content from another wiki with
correct oldid being returned when requesting pages without oldid at
Yesterday, the problem reappeared with another user, and I think I could
positively identify to be related to the old problem you've mention in our
The user requested "skwiki/Dolný Vadičov", Parsoid identified it correctly as
"oldid=5594681", but it returned content for "plwiki/Bartłomiej Sochański" –
actually an old version of that page, the one with the same oldid.
When I explored the first problem again, I realized that the most recent oldid
for "skwiki/Turie" is 5596738, which is the same as the oldid of a 1 Sep 2004
version of "enwiki/Alvin and the Chipmunks" (the article shown to the users).
The fact that the English article was edited at the same time was also most
probably irrelevant and only a coincidence.
As a precaution, I decided to switch my tool back to using
http://parsoid.wmflabs.org/ because I never experienced this erroneous behavior
with this instance. I have asked users to inform me of any future problems and
will report those to you if you so wish.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.
Wikibugs-l mailing list