https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=61658

--- Comment #3 from Bugzilla Bug Importer (valhallasw) 
<wmf.bugconver...@gmail.com> ---
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Ilmari Karonen <nos...@vyznev.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 17:31:51
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, here's some quick fixes:

  * Filenames are normalized like in MediaWiki's Title::SecureAndSplit().
  * The first letter of filenames is treated case-insensitively by searching
for both cases, just in case (pun not intended).
  * The search form is prefilled according to the URL parameters.
  * If a filename was given and no results found, inform the user. If the
filename begins with "File:" or "Image:", suggest searching without the prefix
and provide an automatic link to do that.

I also made some smaller tweaks while at it:

  * The Content-type header is no longer set twice.
  * False values of the "replacer" URL parameter are treated like null.
  * The script name index.php is no longer hardcoded in links.
  * Results now show file and page names with spaces instead of underscores.
  * Results no longer prepend a colon to page names in namespace 0.

Improvements I did _not_ yet make in this version:

  * Provide paging links ("next N results") and searching by timestamp.
  * Load namespace names from TS DB instead of hardcoding them.
  * Fix the "max" drop-down menu so that non-standard values are not reset to
50.

I put a temporary copy up at http://toolserver.org/~vyznev/temp/cd-index.php
for testing; it seems to work fine there.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.
_______________________________________________
Wikibugs-l mailing list
Wikibugs-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikibugs-l

Reply via email to