Bug ID: 62009
Summary: Add coordinates to harvest_template
Version: core (2.0)
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
We still have a lot of items on Wikidata that don't have coordinates. Would be
nice to be able to import them. I did this with some bots, but would of course
be nicer to have a generic bot so more people can help out.
How to fetch the data is going to be fun. We have all sorts of fields that need
to be combined:
* It can be in decimal notation, than we have to combine the lat and lon fields
* It can be in deg/min/sec/direction notation, than we have up to 8 fields to
* Probably other variants in the wild
Maybe add some field options so we can do <somefield> "P625|<keyword".
Than we would have keywords like
* lat - The latitude, either just a degree or with some decimals
* lanmin - Minutes to be added to the latitude
* latsec - Seconds to be added to the latitude
* latdir - Direction for the latitude. Different languages might have different
For lon the same things (lon, lonmin, lonsec, londir)
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.
Wikibugs-l mailing list