Bug ID: 62407
Summary: Change I9238a052 broke ircecho on labs
Product: Wikimedia Labs
CC: abog...@wikimedia.org, rlan...@gmail.com
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Puppet changes are causing issues on labs for a number of reasons - a good
example of this is the ircecho module.
-- Things that move/rename/change existing classes break labs instances
* Wikitech is not synced with git - this means classes moving such as
misc::ircecho to ircecho do not get updated in the database or ldap.
- Breaking wikitech is bad, but workable.
- Breaking puppet runs on instances is really bad.
- Migrations for the db (for wikitech) and ldap (for the enc) should be
performed after git changes
- This should be an automated process
* Using maps is not possible on labs
- Limitation in the ENC AFAIK
- Simple migration of classes is not possible
-- Changes should be tested and deployed in labs before production
* Numerous bugs have appeared in labs due to prod changes and prod after
ignoring labs issues
- Workflow should be more enforced
-- Test in labs
-- Deploy to labs
-- Deploy to prod
* Issues in relation to labs and prod running the same branches
- Can't test major changes using puppetmaster::self sensibly
- De-sync between production and labs while sharing a git repo causes issues
- Testing on labs ensures changes don't break labs or production
* Automated testing should be possible
- Lack of API on wikitech for creating instances
- Jenkins should be able to create set instances and run tests
-- Beta on demand (different branches etc)
-- Changes such as the ircecho one would be clearly picked up etc
Currently the whole workflow/experience thing is just horrible imo.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
You are on the CC list for the bug.
Wikibugs-l mailing list