Bug ID: 62923
Summary: MultiMediaViewer: Accessibility for keyboard users and
Product: MediaWiki extensions
CC: aarcos.w...@gmail.com, fflo...@wikimedia.org,
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
This should take care of the most severe problems:
* The thumbs should have aria-haspopup
* The image displayed in the mediaviewer, possibly should copy over the alt
attribute of the original image.. Although we might consider using
aria-describeby=file description instead.
* aria-hidden should be applied to all the content and interface elements
outside the modal dialog when the light box is open. (difficult, because we
have multiple divs and skins that need this that are direct children of body
* The content should somehow indicate that the user is no longer in the same
'view'. role=dialog or role=document (probably due to the FS and opaque nature
of the view and separate content context of the view it should be document ????
* The dialog/document needs a label (using aria-labelledby or aria-label)
(where did the user end up ????)
* When the dialog opens, remember the current focused element, put focus on the
first focusable element in the dialog. When closing the dialog, restore the
* There are several interface buttons in MMV, that are not actual buttons.
(role=button or <button> should be used). Things that take you away form the
page can be <a> elements.
* Image buttons require labels. Use aria-labelledby or aria-label if you don't
want them to be visible.
* div's need tabindex="-1" to make them keyboard actionable. They should
respond to space and enter keys, as if they are clicks.
* Use this file needs to have aria-haspopup
* Use this file dialog needs equal amount of keyboard navigation love
* mw-mob-image-category is a listitem, but the list that it includes is not a
list. (use hlist)
* view more in the license box needs aria love
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
You are on the CC list for the bug.
Wikibugs-l mailing list