Summary: New English words introduced in SMW 1.5 won't work in
                    a German wiki
           Product: MediaWiki extensions
           Version: any
          Platform: All
        OS/Version: All
            Status: NEW
          Severity: major
          Priority: Normal
         Component: Semantic MediaWiki

I have a German wiki and so it came that I just found out that I have to use
the German words for certain things in SMW 1.5. Most at the time in previous
SMW versions I used the English names like "has type::string" instead of
"Datentyp::Zeichenkette" and it always worked fine.

But now it looks like some of the new words intoduced in SMW 1.5 only work in
the language of the wiki and will be ignored when I use the original English
words. Those words are "has fields::", "Record", "telephone number" and perhaps
some more which I didn't test.
I consider this a bug and inconsistency since in older versions all the words
(at least those I use) can be used in German and English as well. I think this
behavior is also very unhandy for users who can't look into the source code to
see what's the correct translation. And the greatest part of the SMW
documentation still is English and so are the words used in this documentation.

Would be great if all English words can be used for all languages in the

Configure bugmail:
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.

Wikibugs-l mailing list

Reply via email to