Qgil created this task.
Qgil claimed this task.
Qgil added a subscriber: Qgil.
Qgil added projects: Bugzilla-Migration, Triagers.
Qgil changed Security from none to none.

TASK DESCRIPTION
  The idea behind the #Triagers project is to offer the simplest defaults for
task creation and editing to new/casual users, leaving more advanced options to
whoever joins Triagers with their own feet.

  Problems to this approach that we have seen so far:

  * Not easy to discover, even if it is in the homepage and documented, since
just too frequently users just dive in into task creation & management.
  * This policy may be triggered (kind of accidentally) in situations where we
actually want to allow non-Triagers users to perform a task, for instance,
creating a new task under certain circumstances (T576).
  * Ugly error message about lack of permissions, not informing of how to solve
the problem.

  Since we have more than enough before the Phabricator launch, one possibility
is just to get rid of the Triagers idea, moving closer to Phabricator defaults,
and also to Wikimedia defaults. We would set the "Can Assign Tasks", "Can
Prioritize Tasks", and Can Bulk Edit Tasks" [[
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/applications/view/PhabricatorManiphestApplication/
 | Maniphest policies ]] to "All Users".  "Can Edit Task Policies" would still
be out of the reach of users by default, with a custom policy of its own.

  We can revisit this scenario if any problems arise in the future.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T583

REPLY HANDLER ACTIONS
  Reply to comment or attach files, or !close, !claim, !unsubscribe or !assign
<username>.

To: Qgil
Cc: wikibugs-l, Qgil, jeremyb, Aklapper