Jdforrester-WMF added a subscriber: chasemp.
Jdforrester-WMF added a comment.

>>! In T694#12394, @chasemp wrote:
> We looked at this and decided it is more confusing to have different fields
> per ticket as it begs the question did this just fail in migration or is it
> truly not set?  Since descriptions can be cleaned up easily anywhere people
> do not like this in regards to an active task I am going to mark this as
> declined.

Although I can understand that decision in the context of the migration, I
think it's a huge mistake. This violates the principle of progressive
disclosure, and so increases the confusion for non-expert and new members when
they're reading each task imported from a Bugzilla bug — tasks which will be
around for years to come. Instead, they will all need to be manually updated to
remove this cruft. This doesn't feel very respectful of people's time.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T694

REPLY HANDLER ACTIONS
  Reply to comment or attach files, or !close, !claim, !unsubscribe or !assign
<username>.

To: chasemp, Jdforrester-WMF
Cc: wikibugs-l, Qgil, Aklapper, Nemo_bis, Jdforrester-WMF, chasemp